Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Paying the Price For a Remarkable Summer

And boy, are we paying that price! We had about 7 months of fantastic weather, from spring right through summer. How great was it? I got a tan lying in our back yard. And this is Belgium! You might recall the post from late June about how long the days were and how great the weather was.
Now, fast forward 6 months and taste reality. I believe it has rained in one form or another for about the past 15 or 20 days. We see the sun for all of a few minutes each day and, even if the skies were somehow to magically clear up (dare to dream), check out the winter sunrise and sunset times: sunrise: 8:35AM ; sunset: 4:35PM. And we've still got 2 weeks to go before reaching the shortest day of the year.
Considering I leave for work at 6:30 every morning and don't return to my car before about 4:15 every afternoon, I really am beginning to feel like a mole...or mushroom. I guess it's the price we have to pay in December for our June the summer before.

No comments:

Post a Comment