Sunday, October 4, 2009

Climb This Pine and Whine!



Is there a botanist in the house? Lucie and I have been unable to identify this neighborhood tree, probably the most intimidating flora/fauna we have ever seen. It looks like some sort of pine but I sure can't imagine anyone attempting to chop one of these bad boys down and mount it in the living room as the family Christmas tree! Suffice it to say that no fire department has ever been called out to rescue a cat stuck in this tree. I don't think a bird would even attempt to set up house at the top of this Palace o' Cactus.
As a kid I used to love climbing the pine, bay, and redwood trees on our property in central California. I never met a tree that I didn't want to at least consider climbing. Until now.
If you can identify this killer, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment