Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Slow News Day...Very Slow

It must be hard for a newspaper to fill up every daily edition with meaty news.  Some days there just isn't all that much happening.  But hopefully there are always enough crises to at least make for an interesting front page.  I have to believe that it was the slowest day in history, judging by this story which made its way onto Page One of the Stars and Stripes just a couple of days ago:
"Sex With Animals Still Forbidden for Military"
I do have to admit, this one got my attention and so I read on.  Now I'm not sure which is sadder: the fact that S&S had to make this a front page item, or the fact that Congress is actually using its free time (read: Monday through Friday) to debate such things as part of the larger Defense Dept. budget proposal.
But, in case you're interested, bestiality is still a no-go for members of the armed forces.  Kind of makes you glad to be a civilian, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment