Monday, June 7, 2010

A New Pastime for Mom and Dad




You know, just last week Lucie and I were saying how much we missed chugging beer. It's been years - make that decades - since we partook in this thrilling, cerebral hobby.
Fortunately for us, Robb had his going-away party in our backyard and he and 15 friends introduced us to a little drinking game, where you first have to chug down a small glass of beer (at least ours certainly were, fortunately), then flip your plastic cup onto its top. The first team to complete the tasks wins. As it came down to the wire, Lucie and I readied ourselves for the challenge. She took a huge early lead (face it, I had lame teammates, or at least that's my story) but had predictable trouble with the cup-flipping. Nearly catching up, I finished off my brew and then barely got a chance to make a larger fool of myself before she landed her cup. I was toast and she now has the bragging rights until our next chugging contest. I'm predicting she will hold the trophy for a very, very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment